Tuesday 22 November 2011

Impulsive desire

I saw my retreat director today as he was in Harare. Lovely to have both rain and time together...refreshing, renewing.

We talked again about beleiving in the dark. We talked of a God who seems to forget that some of us humans are frail and easily broken. Then we talked of the insatiable impulse that has driven me almost crazy since returning from retreat. Every day I have felt the need to know this contradictory and silent God more deeply. Every day I have been aware of the shallow shadows of my beleif. Every day I have wondered how to pray.

Every day my questions grow more intense, and the possibility of answers is lost in the noisy busyness of my daily life.

We concluded that perhaps it was time to seek help from my Jesuit friends and make the Spiritual Exercises.

Wow.

Never saw that coming when I put the kettle on for Fr Richard this afternoon.

3 comments:

  1. I am metaphorically dancing around the living room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful! You will appreciate them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Every day I have felt the need to know this contradictory and silent God more deeply." yes.

    ReplyDelete

I have been found by them pesky robots so please bear with the comment moderation.