Tuesday 25 September 2012

She doesn't know.....

A friend remarked to me today as Ossie played with great vigour, roaring up and down the passage and terrorising the other cats that of course she doesn't know that she is deathly ill. I know, and I am devastated but she doesn't and so life goes on for her. She is fully engaged in the present, playing and eating and sleeping and doing what just grown cats do.

It is me who is peering uncertainly into the future, who knows what must come and that she will reach a point where she will have more bad days than good.

It is me who knows that cancer is a painful killer.

It is me who grieves and is angry and is disbeleiving for something that will happen in some as yet uncertain tomorrow.

But she doesn't know.....and so she is just present to today's joys and pleasure.

4 comments:

  1. and, so in that small blessing among the pending sorrow and loss, there is delight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could certainly see your enthusiasm in the work you write.
    The world hopes for more passionate writers like you who
    aren't afraid to mention how they believe. At all times follow your heart.
    Also see my web page: Ayurveda Hair Loss

    ReplyDelete

I have been found by them pesky robots so please bear with the comment moderation.