Tuesday 15 March 2011

Morning prayer

This morning has dawned clear, after weeks of overcast and rain.

And I have been out in the dawning where the air is so fresh that it is like wine and the sky is a delicate shade of pink and the robins and thrushes and cuckoos and sparrows and a myriad small seed eating birds sing praise and glory and wonder and where my dogs dance delightedly at the unusual chance of a early morning walk.

Some of my sense of being overwhelmed with work falls away in the sheer beauty and delight of the morning.

And in this moment wordless prayers of praise spill forth from me.

4 comments:

  1. amen....I can almost see it...although it is still chilly with a hint of spring here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I rode my bike to work today (on a Saturday) and had the same sense of **breath** in spite of the work that is on my plate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by The Owl's Song. :-) Do I know you from a previous blog?

    ReplyDelete

I have been found by them pesky robots so please bear with the comment moderation.