Sunday 6 March 2011

Out of balance

I am an accountant. Work that I love and after thirty five years still gives me a thrill.

But I appreciate that it is not work that most people would find exciting.

My profession is having a clean out and update and has changed the names of all sorts of things, without actually changing the statement's essential nature. Some statements have been named their old names seemingly from the beginning of time so it is not an easy process this learning to put new names to old tricks. As I have learned the new nomenclature I have been struck by how many names include "balance". And how often accountants say something balances or doesn't as the case may be.

We like to have both sides equal. In balance. Always.

And as I happen to be good at what I do my work balances.

My life however is an utterly different kettle of fish. It is frequently out of balance.

I thought I would use this blog as a way to explore some imbalances and to see if I can find a way of mirroring the balance I find in my work.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your prayers for me. I look forward to reading your blog as you seek balance with words.

    ReplyDelete

I have been found by them pesky robots so please bear with the comment moderation.