Wednesday 14 September 2011

Hope......


Curious thing today.

But I was in the car a lot. Tax quarter again so doing the rounds of all my clients.’

It was hot today. Wind dropped and the cold disappeared with it. And it has been hot and very, very dry. The sky is white. I wondered why this is always my favourite time of year.

I get it. Suddenly I get it…………It is the season of unreasonable hope.

Hope when it is dry and hot and the last drop of moisture is being sucked out of every plant.

Yet the tababouya’s are blooming bright daffodil yellow, the jacaranda’s are nearly in full bloom, the bougainvilleas are magnificently magenta, acacia’s are bright green with the flush of new leaf. All with not a hint of rain, not even any humidity. We all know that it’ll still be weeks before the rains come. Yet all around me are signs of life. The plants believe that the world is a good place. And they trust that it will rain in due time. So they flower and leaf and do what they do, well before there is any proof that it will. Rain that is.

Hope when there is no good reason for it to exist.

And I guess that is faith.

So I love this season.



1 comment:

  1. It is always completely amazing to me that nature will go into full bloom in the middle of such dry heat! Hope, indeed!

    ReplyDelete

I have been found by them pesky robots so please bear with the comment moderation.