Wednesday 22 June 2011

Epilepsy

Well I've had a couple of exciting weeks but the worst of the not knowing is more or less over. Even with MRI results outstanding (due to an exercise for cutting trees of the line near the Imaging Centre) it appears to the doctors that I have temporal lobe epilepsy.

I am blinking a little, as it was most unexpected and what started as a headache that wouldn't go away has ended somewhere I did not even begin to imagine.

I am told that it is simple to treat.

Seems though that I am in for something of an intensive learning curve in the next couple of months. No driving did make me laugh ..... I haven't driven  for years due to double vision difficulties but no swimming dismays me totally. Perhaps some of these things are negotiable.

4 comments:

  1. No SWIMMING?

    I know many people who live what on the outside appear to be wonderful lives with epilepsy. I am sure that there are invisible challenges of self-care which you are about to discover.

    As someone said on my blog, it's amazing, all the things that go wrong with us.

    Prayer surrounds you as you come to terms with this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keeping you in thought and prayer, especially in the readjustment. Are there nearby swimming places?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, and the nearby swimming place is only our own pool. Natural water here contains bilharzia, a destructive parasite, to say nothing of crocodiles and hippopotamus. All unfriendly to humans.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A pool sounds like a good substitute, although now too near.

    ReplyDelete

I have been found by them pesky robots so please bear with the comment moderation.