Tuesday 26 April 2011

Cherry blossoms

I have recently been fascinated by the oppositeness of the seasons north and south. We are definitely into winter ... there is snow in South Africa which translates as cold for us, and north of the Equator it is spring ..... erratic weather, daffodils and the like........

But some things don't do opposites.

On my way home this evening I saw a cherry tree in full blossom. And thought about the cherry trees in blossom in Washington and Japan and other cities in the north. In blossom now also.

And thought with some amusement that cherry trees stick to the schedule that they are born with, regardless of the state of the weather and regardless of their location north or south of the equator.

2 comments:

  1. really?! how interesting that the cherry trees are blooming where you are while they are also blooming all around me in my new neighborhood! So, I'll look at cherry trees and think of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have tried many times to leave comments here and they never seem to materialize. But I'll try again: the one early this morning wondered about cherry trees making vows of stability.

    ReplyDelete

I have been found by them pesky robots so please bear with the comment moderation.