Tuesday 5 April 2011

Small Boy and Large Horse

It has been quite a day, what with a demanding client and a very anxious client and couple of others in between but those are really just part of my working day, on any given day.

A day that began early with hauling Vet in Training's horse to the vet for the first stage of treatment for bone spavins. He acquired this gentle giant of a mare after his his last horse died from a snake bite in his first year of University. She had been considerably neglected but somehow though physically not so sound has retained a sweet and gentle nature which so appeals to all who meet her. But for me, an anxious morning ..... hoping that nothing will go wrong .... and mercifully it didn't. She is back snug in her stable, and now we wait to see how it will turn out.

Demanding because of the visit to the neurosurgeon and a very anxious Small Boy. On that front, to every one's relief there is no surgery as yet. Mostly, the doctors want to hold off that option as long as possible as he is so young. Too young, too active (and still growing) to be getting replacement parts they say. Instead they discover that he has significantly different leg lengths and that had he never been injured would possibly never come to light. However they are hoping that shoe inserts will releive the pressure and ease the pain. and of course to continue with the core strength building.

So simple really , after all the possibilities we have been facing.

Now I think I shall go to bed. 

And in my prayers before I sleep mostly I will be offering thanks for the presence of the Holy Spirit in my day,  nudging, calming, reassuring, reminding me to breathe, and present the people I met today who gave me encouragement and focus and caring, and in my friends who offered prayers, each in the way of their own faith, and their presence and laughter.

Amen.

1 comment:

  1. oh yay....glad that there will be no surgery...for now

    ReplyDelete

I have been found by them pesky robots so please bear with the comment moderation.