Wednesday 13 April 2011

Whose Voice?


Last week I flew to Johannesburg to be with my husband and son and spend some time shopping and visiting family who live there or who happen to be in the city for the weekend. The City was it's usual frenetic self and I quickly wearied of the hours spent on the Highways and time and distance involved in getting anywhere. I watched as it residents think nothing of driving for an hour and half to be somewhere, time in the car that in Zimbabwe would take me into the deep bush but in Johannesburg barely takes me across the City. Still there were some benefits. My dear thoughtful husband, knowing how much I dislike hours in the car, had bought a new Neil Diamond CD. Neil Diamond has always been a choice that more or less satisfies all listeners and so he often accompanies us on car journeys. The lyrics to one song caught my attention …. Man of God

I'm a man of God
Though I never learned to pray
Walked the pathways of the heart
Found him there along the way
And I am, yes I am, I'm a man of faith
And faith is something you can't see
But if we want to make it through
Faith is how it's got to be
I'm thanking you Lord for giving me song
For making me strong
And for taking my hand
I'll go up to heaven when I reach the end
But up until then
Gonna do what I can
And I can, yes I can be a man of peace
Plant it like a tiny seed
It grows a little when you give
And gives you back when you're in need
No I am, yes I am, I'm a man of song
Gonna sing it far and near
Gonna make a joyful sound
One that every heart can hear
Singing for Him is like touching the sky
I don't need to know why
I just know that it is
Each time I sing out I want to rejoice
Cause when I hear my voice
I believe that it's His
And I am, yes I am, I'm a man of hope.
I haven't stopped believin' yet
And while we're headin' down that road
Hope is what we can't forget
And I am yes I am, I'm a man of God
Know I am, yes I am, I'm a man, I'm a man of faith
I'm a man, yes I am, I'm a man, I'm a man of peace
And I am, yes, I am, I'm a man, I'm a man of song
I'm a man of God
Man of God

 
In particular the line "when I hear my voice, I believe that it's His".

Everytime I opened my mouth to say something this line would echo ….. and I learned how little I believe that my voice could be God's.


 


 

2 comments:

  1. Wow....what lyrics...I totally understand...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The words crept up on me ... I wasn't really listening to begin with but after a few playings I was sitting up and taking notice!

    ReplyDelete

I have been found by them pesky robots so please bear with the comment moderation.