Tuesday 31 May 2011

There are days

There are days when I wonder if I should have gotten out of bed in the morning.

Today happens to be one of them.

Valentine my dog with epilepsy had two fits close together this morning and as something about them as not normal (well assuming that there is anything normal about having fits) I took her to the vet. It turns out she is unwell and running a fever, even though she was her usual energetic hungry self this morning when I got up. It seems that the fever is likely the cause of these fits. My lovely vet suggested I keep her quiet. I ask you! She is a high energy, high maintenance kind of dog. Keep her quiet! I will probably have to sedate her to do so.  In the mean time she has come to work with me and is bored to tears under my desk.

My husband who went to Lusaka in Zambia on the unreliable airline discovered that he can't come home till Friday as today's and the rest of the weeks scheduled flights are definitely cancelled, and then that he has to go urgently to South Africa. He packed for an overnight trip yesterday and now won't be home till Saturday. He has no warm clothes as Johannesburg is way colder than Lusaka and no clean underwear and has had to have a yellow fever vaccination as this is a requirement for entry into South Africa for travellers from Zambia. He is not happy. And I have had a stream of not happy emails from him.

Small and Vetboy are in the midst of preparing for examinations. So not to much fun to be had from these two either. No light hearted chats this week! Both a tad grumpy and I am glad that Vetboy studies in Pretoria so I only have one grumpy boy under my nose.

Usual work pressures building up and having difficulty finishing a project that I would dearly like to see off my desk.

Think I shall grab my rosary and take the healthy dogs for a walk.

And pray that tomorrow will be better than today.

4 comments:

  1. I hope that this is not intrusive; I would offer a prayer for you and all concerned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not intrusive to me and I would be both honoured and grateful. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prayers your way!

    "She is a high energy, high maintenance kind of dog. Keep her quiet! I will probably have to sedate her to do so." I like that advice. Something along the lines of "don't scratch" when casts start getting itchy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you ... prayers much appreciated.

    As for the vet's advice - lets say I did my best to keep her quiet but can only tell you that I failed miserably!

    She is much better today, and I am so glad.

    ReplyDelete

I have been found by them pesky robots so please bear with the comment moderation.