Tuesday 26 July 2011

Chased

"restore the years that the locust has eaten"

This verse has chased me through my prayers and my dreams and odd moments of stillness and in the whirl of activity for a few months. I didn't realise at first that it was actually a bible verse ..... I wondered knowing my mothers stories and my own experience (as a young child) of the devastation that a horde of locusts can cause where this thought came from and who might restore what the locust had taken. When it occurred to me that this might be biblical it was easy to track Joel down. His description of locusts destroying completely on the move is eerily familiar.

My spiritual director is away for nine months.

Where do I turn for help in discerning what being chased by this verse means? I guess I have to trust that as the verse comes to me, so will understanding and enlightenment.

Tonight I pray for light in my darkness.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting. If I were still seeing the Jungian I'd ask him about this. I do remember a story from the Mormln tradition of my early religious life, where grasshoppers came to the Salt Lake City valley and threatened to eat all the crops, which would have meant certain starvation over the winter. Bit as the story gors, God answered their prayers by sending seagulls who ate the grasshoppers and saved the crop. One locust is. Om ig deal, but a swarm of locusts can threaten our existence?

    ReplyDelete

I have been found by them pesky robots so please bear with the comment moderation.