Saturday 9 July 2011

Growing up

My sons are out today.

Both surfaced early, Vetboy to go and assist with a dressage show and Small to go and referee. I expect neither home till later this evening when they will appear full of stories of their day and starving hungry. I have prepared for the hunger on a cold winters night with macaroni cheese and rice pudding with stewed fruit. I look forward to their return and their stories.

I have also looked after a friends two year old, "King Julian" of Madagascar fame, this afternoon. I forget surprisingly easily how active toddlers are. King Julian and I did have so much fun and had toys strewn across the kitchen/library by the time we were finished playing. For both of us it was a fun laughter filled afternoon and for his young mother hopefully welcome healing space for herself.

Now that he is gone home giggling with his mother and my kitchen/library restored to rights I reflect how quickly children grow, from baby to toddler to independent youngsters. They grow by the Grace of God, and I have been blessed to participate with food and attention and love.

1 comment:

  1. My children, grown, and sorting out life on their own...I too forget the energy young ones require...what a sweet day you had!

    ReplyDelete

I have been found by them pesky robots so please bear with the comment moderation.