Thursday 11 August 2011

Opposites

Terri comments of how reading here makes her aware of the oppositeness of our seasons - hers and mine. I am in winter looking forward to summer and she enjoying summer bounty and preparing for winter. She is not alone. Since beginning this blog I have been made aware that my seasons in the southern hemisphere are not those presently being experienced in the North.

Some things happen at the same time.... it dawned on me that our cherry trees blossom at the same time as those in the North, and that was a wondrous thought to behold.

But mostly I like the yin and yang effect that this oppositeness of seasons has.

I loath being cold and here in this part of Africa when the "real" cold (no snow of course!) lasts a mere six to eight weeks and the heat for months our houses are built airy and open and  not ideal for keeping winter chill out. Yet reading of summer in the North I am reminded that the cold does not last forever and that the world turns, and in time summer and warmth and heat will be present again.


2 comments:

  1. It was amazing to learn that the cherry trees bloomed at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also loathe the cold. My whole body quite literally palpitates. [Space heaters were my friend.] I hope you are able to find some warmth. peace and a prayer,
    Katherine

    ReplyDelete

I have been found by them pesky robots so please bear with the comment moderation.