Monday 29 August 2011

Packing

I have been reflecting on a moment that happened the morning we left for holiday. It concerns that trite phrase "carrying a lot of baggage".......

It happened like this.

My husband and son and I were packing for the trip.

Small said  to me "Mom, I've grown out of most of my clothes so I only taking a couple of changes and a smart set for Vetboy's dinner, I'll buy what ever else I need there (perhaps it helps to know that we don't have vast Malls here and some of our shopping is done outside the country). It took him ten minutes to pack.

My husband, who travels a great deal for work, simply took clothes and washbag and other stuff out of his "work" case which is permanently packed, added some more casual clothes and was done in about fifteen minutes.

Me, it took half an hour to pack as I had to start completely from scratch. I don't travel as much, had no need of a new wardrobe. In the end I also had the heaviest suitcase and took too much clothing, and generally travelled less lightly than either my husband or Small. 

Which makes me wonder about what else I make laboured when it needn't be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have been found by them pesky robots so please bear with the comment moderation.