Tuesday 30 August 2011

Prayer

When I am feeling bleak and have more than usual difficulty with prayer I turn to the words of others if withdrawing to silence is harder than I can cope with. Mostly I turn, again and again, to the Psalms. Recently though I have been reading Richard Fosters book of prayers and today I found this gem that was exactly the prayer I needed to pray today....

Today, O Lord, I accept your acceptance of me.
I confess that you are always with me and for me.
I recieve into my spirit your grace, your mercy, your care.
I rest in your love, O Lord. I rest in your love.
                                                      Amen



1 comment:

  1. Yes. Michelle at quantumtheology gave me a Psalter which I have been using.
    "I rest in your love, O Lord. I rest in your love." a necessary murmur.

    ReplyDelete

I have been found by them pesky robots so please bear with the comment moderation.