Sunday 7 August 2011

Spring? I don't think so! A taster perhaps.

I have had pneumonia and bronchitis. Been bored to death in bed.

Yesterday I heard the large warty toad who lives under the large pot that serves as my courtyard fishpond give an experimental croak or two.

I knew what stirred him from his winter slumber - slightly warmer weather and an rapid increase in humidity. Sure enough the humidity level stood at 58% when only days ago it was 23%. His skin and whole body was giving him the message that it is spring. Nice as that thought is, I don't think so. It will get cold again before true spring arrives. All two days of it. Then it will be summer. Yay.

I thought about how easily I fall into despair if  I think something is over or healed only to have it come back again. Grief. Sadness. Anger. And the like. Yet sometimes perhaps what I felt was only a taster. A snifter of spring. A promise of what will come. With promises of summer beyond that. Perhaps now I am just experienced enough to be able to enjoy the 'warmer" weather, without dreading winter's inevitable last fling.

Now there's a thought to make me smile.

1 comment:

  1. It always gives me pause to reflect, as our seasons, yours and mine, are opposite. We are coming toward the end of a brutal summer and I wonder if ithe intensity of this season is an indication of a harsh winter? I do love summer and understand why you look forward to it's return. Hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete

I have been found by them pesky robots so please bear with the comment moderation.