Tuesday 3 April 2012

Kindness

I find myself facing Holy Week with a certain degree of trepidation. Again. My life has been chequered deep hurts and the pain and betrayal of our Lord in the final days of His earthly life are hard to bear, too vividly easy to imagine. It always seems like a time of unmitigated horror. No kindness to be found anywhere. Yet today a Buddhist friend arrived with a small beaded angel as a gift. To remind me, she said, that despite the grimness of Holy Week the angels watch, as they must have watched Him. Even when He was in darkness to deep to see them.

And I wonder how I often I miss the kindnesses shown me because I am so wrapped in my own misery.

Here was a hand that reached out to care, even in the midst of her own lack of understanding of my own recoil at what must come.

1 comment:

  1. tending to angels unaware....blessings, abound, open our eyse, open our hearts. dear God, be with us.

    ReplyDelete

I have been found by them pesky robots so please bear with the comment moderation.