Sunday 15 April 2012

Peace

Everyone talked about Thomas today but I never really heard the familiar story.

I was caught, mesmerized by Jesus's greeting  to the disciples

"Peace be with you"

 and again

"Peace".

Perhaps it is because I have lived through some unspeakably bleak times when the

darkness descends
               and reason rocks
                                and faith founders

that I so treasure those rare moments of peace that I receive as gifts from the Merciful Father.

Yesterday was such a day. Redolent with peace. Easy, magical, a time out of time.

Walking in a gorgeous dawning morning and breakfasting with a friend, idle shopping and lunch with my beloved husband and a visit to the local homeless animal shelter with our contributions for the month and time with some very loving cats.

Small inconsequential things in the grand scheme of things but to me the richest bouquet of gifts from the Loving God imaginable.

1 comment:

  1. Seems the delight of peace, at it's most relevant, is found in the ordinary simple inconsequential things...

    ReplyDelete

I have been found by them pesky robots so please bear with the comment moderation.