Monday 28 May 2012

Damp winter

Our winters are generally dry and cool. The tropical climate affected by the altitude which makes it much colder that most people expect. Often visitors from temperate climates arrive with summer clothes only to find themselves suffering from the cold and miserable. Although winter days are usually around 18 to 20 deg C, compared to the wonderful warmth of summer, our houses are built for the heat and not the ten weeks of cold so the cold can be unpleasant. But always one can find a sunny spot out of any cool Antarctic breeze, where one can warm one's frozen toes and fingers (we are also not so good at winter clothing).

However it is unusual for our winters to be overcast and damp as this one is proving to be. It is making everyone miserable and bad tempered. La Nina  in the distant Pacific has far reaching effects - even into the heart of Africa. This morning I decide that I am going to reconsider my efforts to save the planet - what else can I recycle, reuse and simply do without? How can I save on carbon emissions? Even here in one of  the poorest of the poor nations of the world.

1 comment:

  1. and here we are having unseasonable hot and dry weather, even for almost summer. This follows a very mild winter. All disconcerting. I too strive to do all I can to save on my carbon foot print.

    I do hope the current changes and you have some sunny days, even if on the colder side.

    ReplyDelete

I have been found by them pesky robots so please bear with the comment moderation.