Wednesday 16 May 2012

Not so gentle nudging

Last week Robin wrote here a post about the horrific damage that a suicide can wreak on a wider family. She makes a moving plea that anyone considering this course of action do anything and everything to recover their health. Given my own suicidal impulses this post stayed with me more than usual. Then yesterday I read in Acts of St Paul's words to his jailer "Do not harm yourself" as he considered suicide after the earthquake that would have freed his prisoners. They seemed words spoken directly to me, such has been the bleakness of my own life recently. And this morning.......

Well, I was alone in the house and our little black half grown kitten followed me around, meowing persistently until I sat down with her. She cuddled up under my chin, sucking her paw furiously and purring vibrantly. She was deeply happy, content. I was made aware that even this little black cat would miss me if I wasn't here as she doesn't cuddle like this with anyone else.

Now of course the trick is to hold on to this knowing in the worst of moments.

5 comments:

  1. It's something, that knowing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is, thank you for making it conscious

      Delete
  2. Indeed...Gaye. How sweet, the kitten is a gift in so many.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find that meditating with a cat on my chest makes me feel more connected to God. But then, I believe my cat is unconditional love incarnate: there is something about his worshipful gaze that heals the deepest hurts...

    ReplyDelete

I have been found by them pesky robots so please bear with the comment moderation.