Tuesday 19 June 2012

Grace and Peace

Now I know why Paul often used this greeting.

I had one of those rare half hours with nothing immediate to be done. Oh yes there was washing and supper and the like but nothing that had to be done right then. I chose instead of being busy to sit with the late afternoon sunshine streaming in on my back and a now quite large fuzzy black cat on my chest. Daydreaming almost. Meditating almost. But not quite either.

As the silence and peace deepened I pulled my old bible toward me. One I have had since a teenager and one that has travelled the world with me. Still my favourite. It fell open at a marker. Psalm 91. Words of reassurance and strength and courage and protection.

Warmed, emboldened and with joy I welcome the grace and peace that has been so absent recently




1 comment:

I have been found by them pesky robots so please bear with the comment moderation.