Monday 18 February 2013

Adventure

People who know me well know that I am not a very brave person, and while prone to brashness I am actually quite timid. I am not known for my willingness to plunge into adventures. Perhaps that's why I make a good accountant - I am cautious, careful and look at least three times before I leap.

So it is odd that I find myself engaged, at the suggestion of my spiritual director, in the Ignation Prayer Adventure website here.  I am not known for diving in deeply as Michelle put it last week, I am so much happier splashing about in the shallows. Larking about and laughing with a child's attitudes are much easier. But one of the aspects of Lent, for me at least, is a maturing, and a deepening of faith.

How can I not strike out for deeper waters when I stop, pause and have revealed to me The God, who is in all things? I see God in the tiniest delicately spotted moth resting on the door lintel, to the vast cedrillla tree next door that is dying in bits from some terrible internal fungus that reminds me of the effect of sin.

So the grace I am praying for this Lent is the courage to seek out adventure.

2 comments:

I have been found by them pesky robots so please bear with the comment moderation.