Thursday 17 January 2013

A good day

It is said that one man's meat is another's poison.

This thought came strongly to mind this afternoon when I got an email from Vetboy describing his first rectal examination of a cow. He was delighted and full of enthusiasm for the process, describing it to me in detail. Unaccustomed to such lurid detail, I could only feel glad that I had not had to stand behind a large bovine and insert my arm into its rectum.

Vetboy on the other hand ended his long chatty email with the simple words "it's been such a good day".


2 comments:

  1. Too, too, funny! And how wonderful that he takes such delight in even the tasks that most of us would not...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way back in my first year of college I study some animal sciences - but I changed my major after a professor taught us how to artificially inseminate a cow. Seriously. not my thing...glad your son is enjoying his schooling!

    ReplyDelete

I have been found by them pesky robots so please bear with the comment moderation.