Sunday 25 March 2012

Hearing

It is only hearing the reading this morning that something entirely new (to me) occurred to me.

The gospel has the story of the grain of wheat dying and being buried in order to bring forth new and abundant life. This particular image has always been, to me, one of rich, dark earth nurturing the seed within it. The soil holding the moisture and regulating temperature so that the conditions are right for the seed to germinate and flourish.

Could it be that the darkness I find myself in is just rich dark soil nurturing me?

2 comments:

  1. I do beleive that life is born in darkness, that darkness is fertile. But we find it scary. Perhaps God is birthing something new in and through you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find meaning in that image of nurturing darkness--as Terri suggests, womblike? Thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete

I have been found by them pesky robots so please bear with the comment moderation.