Wednesday 21 March 2012

Language

I am finding that this process of finding a new perspective under Ignatius's guidance is changing the language I use to myself and to others and that is very strange.

Under the, not always so gentle, paring away of old attitudes I discover that all I really want to do is fall more and more deeply in love with the Lord. I learn that I am drawn into the Lover of my Soul and that I want so badly to cease any resistance to that drawing. But while the habit of resistance dies hard I begin to believe that in my experience of that Love. In odd moments I fall into a breathtaking continuing experience of God's expansive Love. Perhaps the words are "ever expanding Love."

These are words that might describe something that was half hidden and certainly mostly unconscious in me but is becoming more exposed. But they are certainly words I would not have used a few months ago.

2 comments:

  1. It has occurred to me frequently this Lent that there are many things I do and say now that would have been completely foreign to me only a few years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Conversely, these are words which have been familiar to me but are not so much so now. Things change and people change--so common and so strange.

    ReplyDelete

I have been found by them pesky robots so please bear with the comment moderation.