Sunday 4 March 2012

A little light

Today after Mass someone I know, but not well, came up to me and said thank you for my recent posts. I must have looked like a stunned mullet as I didn't even know she knew my full name let alone that I had a blog. Carefully I asked what about them had made such an impact. She said that she too has suffered from the same self destructive urges for years and had been deeply ashamed of how she felt. She said that she was in many respects a fortunate woman whom many would envy yet she still suffered from this bleak despair.

Then I read my comments to discover that another suffered the same way.

I had not set out to break any taboo, I am not that kind of person. Not that brave anyway. Yet one small crack  has let a little light in.

Grace at work again.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Gaye, you may not describe yourself as brave - but in my experience you are wise, and kind, compassionate and thoughtful, and honest. I appreciate those qualities in you as I have come to know them. I'm glad this woman was able to say so to you in person. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

I have been found by them pesky robots so please bear with the comment moderation.